Saturday, April 28, 2007

Ramblings of a Restless mind....

Of late me and my room mates have been involved in a lot of philosophical discussions...all thanks to PJH whose involvement in a religious movement sparked the whole debate. Although we never come to any sort of conclusion from our out-of-the-world analysis, it does seem to lots of interesting questions. Yes, the same old question of why we are doing whatever we are doing right now.....The search for a suitable answer has been on for several thousand years now and my guess is that it will be on for millions to come. Although we may never find the suitable solution, it is quite interesting to confuse PJH whenever we feel bored.


My search for a good research problem seems to be meeting too many dead ends. Either all the interesting issues in the world have been resolved or I am not looking at the right part of the world... No matter what the fight will go on, atleast for a few more years, after which hopefully I will give up and graduate (The same old story of a graduate student...).


TTC (time to cook) has somehow reduced drastically (both for food and for stories...). The main reason i guess is the fact that we are slowly mastering the recipe for survival. Frozen vegetables have cut cooking time by half and the fact that we have decided to cook only one dish a day has reduced it further down. Why am I making a big deal out of this? well..somehow it seemed to me earlier on that cooking was taking away a lot of my time, now that it takes up so little time I feel that I have regained control over my daily life. Now thats important isnt it...


I need to get my priorities right.. I still have a typical student mentality of concentrating on courses and exams. Somehow I must come out of this spiralling system out into the world of research. I guess I can wait for one more year and get done with the courses, but I also have a feeling that by that time I would be so far away from the research world that I may never be able to catch up. Lets see how things go in these early days of my research career..hope the end result is good to graduate [:)]


Dearth of courtesy among car drivers in this country is driving me crazy... I know that they do not have any time allocated for rain in their agenda but they should understand that neither did the pedestrians allot time to take a dirt bath. The speeds in which they zoom past you instills anger and fury...Who knows maybe I might behave the same way when I am driving my car. It is this aspect of the human mind that I have observed everywhere in the world...Even the most jobless of people think that they have something important to do when they are driving and forget that the others do too. One more of the peculiar idiosyncrasies of the idiotic mind i guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home