Saturday, September 30, 2006

Trip to the dream Univ

Life seems to whizz past you... I can still vividly remember those days when I prepared for GRE...had a rotten Barons Book in Hand (Supposedly my aged book ;) )... The days when I spent sleepless nights searching university websites for interesting projects to apply...The day I had my first admit when I was browsing in the net-lab... My phone interview with my prof...Admit from my dream univ..shopping and the unforgettable visa interviews (Yes... I had 3 of them to get 1 visa)

Here I was at the International Airport, there was my family waving their hands at me... I was standing at the Departure Terminal. Suddenly ARV, who was travelling with me broke into tears...he hugged his mom and wept for a long time. It then occured to me, behind all this excitement and joy of having got into my dream univ, there is the silent but mammoth sadness of leaving my family for many many years to come. I might have a great career... But life will never be the same.

My first fumble started at the airport itself... I placed my document bag in the trolley itself and went to chat with friends...Then we went to the check-in counter where I realized that both my bags were overweight. This was quite a shock 'coz I had weighed them already back home and they were fine.. I ended up paying 2500 bucks in fine :( Then we boarded the flight and had a good nights sleep and landed the next day morning in Europe.

I started feeling sick once in germany..the smell of stale food was recirculating in all the buildings and it made more nauseatic (I think I got this word wrong!!!).. I boarded the next flight with arv and my stomach started jumping up and down. After really painful last few hours, we landed and I almost vomitted. Atlast! Here we were, the place where I aspired to get all these years..but I was in no mood to enjoy the journey or the view.. I just wanted to get some place and sleep...

Not all journeys that you dream for are happy when they happen in reality!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home